These crunchy curried onion fritters are hard to say no to! They are packed with flavor, easy to make, and easy to share.
- 2 large onions
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 grams chickpea flower
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Heat oil in a deep pan on medium to low heat.
- Slice onions and place in a large bowl.
- Add cumin seeds, salt, chili powder, and baking powder to the bowl and mix well.
- Add chickpea flour and add water to the bowl. Mix well until it is about the same texture and thickness as pancake batter.
- Once the oil is hot enough for frying, use a spoon to place spoonfuls of the mixture into the oil and fry. Continue to place spoonfuls of mixture in the oil. Make sure you leave enough space between portions.
- Fry until golden brown. Remove any excess oil with a paper towel and place in a serving bowl.
- Serve with tamarind chutney, ketchup, or any other tangy dip.
Did you know Eagle Eye Produce grows onions? Find out more here!