Do you get stressed every time you have to pick out fresh produce? We get a LOT of questions from our customers about how to pick the perfect potatoes. Here are some helpful tips:
- Look for potatoes that are firm.
- Pass up potatoes with dark or soft spots.
- Avoid potatoes with sprouts. Sprouts generally mean the potato is old.
- If you are wanting to bake the potato look for dry skinned potatoes. The lack of moisture makes for a more fluffy bake.
- If you are looking to steam or boil potatoes; look for potatoes with waxy thin skin. This generally means the potato has more moisture ,and less starch.
Hopefully this helps!