These spooky little spud ghosts are so tasty, and easy to make! They make a perfect addition to your Halloween dinner! We used peas for the eyes, but feel free to use black pepper, sesame seeds, or anything else you have in the kitchen. Serve them alone or pair them with another festive entree!
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and boil until they are tender – around 15 minutes or so. Once tender, drain the water from the saucepan.
- Add the butter, milk, and sour cream to the potatoes in the pan. Mash everything together with a potato masher until well blended. You can add more milk if the mashed potato is too thick.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Scoop the mashed potatoes into a piping back and pipe out your best ghost shapes.
- Place two cooked peas onto each ghost for eyes. Feel free to use pepper, sesame seeds, or anything else you have in the kitchen.
Did you know Eagle Eye Produce grows millions of pounds of potatoes every year? Find out more here!